The use of job analysis techniques to gather a thorough understanding of jobs for use in selection, job evaluation, job design and workforce planning.
- Competency design
- Job evaluation
- Time and motion studies
- Markus, L.H., Cooper-Thomas, H.D., and Allpress, K.N. (2005). Confounded Competencies? An Evaluation of the Evolution and Use of Competency Models. New Zealand Journal of Psychology, 34, (2).
NZ Research Networks
- American Productivity and Quality Centre
- Institute for Job and Occupational Analysis
- Job Analysis and Personality Research
- Regional IO Psych Chat Groups
- Ask a peer to critically review your work
- Prepare or review a best practice guideline in the area
- Aim to read an article regularly and review it for the practical implications for your work
- Canvas a post graduate University Course to refresh your approach and be exposed to the latest literature