Recommended professional development for Chartered Members of the Institute includes a combination of self reflective review, peer review of work and exposure to new knowledge and research. Recommended levels are outlined below:
- Monthly Peer Supervision
- Attendance at IO discussion groups 3 – 4 times a year
- Attendance at a conference at least every other year
- Reading an article a month
- Attending a professional development workshop at least once a year.
- Health and Safety Association of New Zealand, Wellington, 1-3 September 2021
- NZ Psychological Society Annual Conference, 5-7 September 2021, Auckland. Call for submissions closes 30 April 2021.
Previous IOP Conferences – Abstracts and Presentations
- Institute of Organisational Psychology, Christchurch, 26 November 2020
- Institute of Organisational Psychology, Rotorua, 27 and 28 August 2019
- Institute of Organisational Psychology, Auckland, 5 and 7 September 2018
- Institute of Organisational Psychology, Christchurch, 2 September 2017
- Institute of Organisational Psychology, Wellington, 2 September 2016
Professional Development Workshops
The Institute provides 2 – 3 workshops per year, which focus on key areas of organisational psychology. The workshops aim to provide members with up to date research on what works in the field, opportunity to reflect on their own practice and the opportunity to share and network with others. Upcoming workshops include: