Training and development
Identification of needs, training design, and evaluation. Designing, implementing and evaluating teaching programs aimed at enhancing the skills and abilities of workers.
- Training needs Analysis
- Designing a range of training materials
- Delivering training
- Evaluation of training
- Developing Induction programmes
- Worker mentoring such as for management positions.
- Individual development planning
- Succession planning
- American Society for Training and Development
- Training Portals
- The Training Registry
- Simulation Training Systems
- Australasian Evaluation Society (AES)
- International Society for Coaching Psychology
- Donald A.J. Cable (2013). The Career Experiences of Industrial and Organisational Psychology. The New Zealand Journal of Psychology, 42 (1).
- Waitoki, W. (2012). The Development and Evaluation of a Cultural Competency Training Programme for Psychologists Working with Maori: A Training Needs Analysis. (Thesis, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)). University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand.
- Bryson, J. and Hosken, C. (2005). What Does it Mean to be a Culturally Competent I/O Psychologist in New Zealand?. The New Zealand Journal of Psychology, 34 (2).
- Jackson, D.J.R., Carr, S.C., Edwards, M., Thorn, K., Allfree, N., Hooks, J., and Inkson, K. (2005). Exploring the Dynamics of New Zealandâ€™s Talent Flow. The New Zealand Journal of Psychology, 34 (2).
- Singer, M. (1989). Gender differences in leadership aspirations. The New Zealand Journal of Psychology, 17 (2).
- Electronic Journal of Radical Organization TheoryGeneral Training
- Academy of Management Online
- Center for Quality of Management
- Evaluation Aotearoa
- Peter F. Drucker Foundation for Nonprofit Management
- Regional IO Psych Chat Groups
- The Management Library (has hundreds of management journals)
- Ask a peer to critically review your work
- Prepare or review a best practice guideline in the area
- Aim to read an article regularly and review it for the practical implications for your work
- Canvas a post graduate University Course to refresh your approach and be exposed to the latest literature