Recommended professional development for Chartered Members of the Institute includes a combination of self reflective review, peer review of work and exposure to new knowledge and research. Recommended levels are outlined below:
- Monthly Peer Supervision
- Attendance at IO discussion groups 3 – 4 times a year
- Attendance at a conferences every other year
- Reading an article a month
- Attending a professional development workshop once a year.
- 8th Aotearoa/New Zealand Organisational Psychology and Organisational Behaviour (OPOB) Conference, Friday the 29th November 2019, AUT.
- 8th annual Research in Management Learning & Education (RMLE) Unconference (see www.rmle.org) on January 28-29, 2020 at the University of Canterbury in Christchurch, NZ.
- Management and Organisation Behaviour Teaching Society International Conference January 30-February 2 2020. https://mobts.org/imobts-call-for-papers/
- New Zealand Psychological Society Conference, Dunedin 25-28 August 2020
Previous IOP Conferences – Abstracts and Presentations
- Institute of Organisational Psychology, Auckland, 5 and 7 September 2018
- Institute of Organisational Psychology, Christchurch, 2 September 2017
- Institute of Organisational Psychology, Wellington, 2 September 2016
Professional Development Workshops
The Institute provides 2 – 3 workshops per year, which focus on key areas of organisational psychology. The workshops aim to provide members with up to date research on what works in the field, opportunity to reflect on their own practice and the opportunity to share and network with others. Upcoming workshops include: