The 2021 HASANZ Scholarship Programme is now open for applications.
Applications are now open for the 2021 HASANZ Scholarship Programme. HASANZ welcomes applications from people already working in health and safety or those who want to move into a career in health and safety.
Successful applicants typically receive up to $10,000 over two years to put towards tertiary study in health and safety. They also receive mentoring and practical experience, including field day and networking opportunities with industry representatives.
Applications close on 10 September 2021 and successful applicants will be advised in November 2021. There are five categories of scholarship:
- General: for practitioners and health and safety representatives who want to upskill to a diploma or degree.
- Postgraduate: for people wanting to specialise in health and safety undertaking a postgraduate qualification at a university.
- Occupational hygiene: for people wanting to become an occupational hygienist or to do further training in this field. (Funded WorkSafe.)
- Applied research: for people undertaking Master’s or PhD research in a health and safety-related topic. (Funded ACC.)
- Poutama scholarships: for Māori health and safety practitioners who want to take their skills to the next level.
- Women in Safety: for people to upskill from a technical level into leadership and governance.
The Scholarships were established to build capability and capacity within the health and safety workforce with the aim of providing businesses with quality advice and services into the future. The scholarships are offered HASANZ and were first introduced in 2018. To date, 56 people have received HASANZ scholarships which are sponsored ACC, Air New Zealand, Auckland Council, ecoPortal, Fonterra, KiwiRail, PWC, RRC International and Coachio, Safe365, Skills, SafetyApp.Pro, Treescape, WorkSafe, van Schaik and Z Energy. Find out more, go to our information page.
The names of recipients of the 2021 scholarships will be announced in early December.
For more information and application forms, go to: https://www.hasanz.org.nz/scholarships-2021/.